DOLLAR AMOUNT $ _______COMMENCEMENT DATE ________ TERMINATION DATE________
THIS AGREEMENT made this _________ day of______is by and between the University of Maine System hereinafter called the "University" and the Consultant/Contractor.
WHEREAS THE UNIVERSITY AND THE CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR DO MUTUALLY AGREE THAT:
1) The individual Consultant/Contractor agrees to the Specifications of Work to be Performed as described in ATTACHMENT A, herein incorporated. Any materials produced in performance of this agreement are the property of the University and shall be turned over to the University upon request.
2) The University shall pay the Consultant/Contractor for personal services rendered as shown below:
Contract Price for Services1 $_______________
1 To be charged as follows:______________________________________
2 Describe here__________________________________________________
Said payment to be made by the University upon receipt and certification of an itemized invoice submitted on the Independent Contractor Invoice.
4)The Consultant/Contractor shall indemnify, defend and save harmless the University, its officers, agents and employees from any loss, liability, claim, damage and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or attributable to any acts or omissions of the consultant/contractor, its officers, agents and employees in performing its obligations under this Agreement, including without limitation for violation of proprietary rights, copyrights, or rights of privacy, arising out of a publication, translation, reproduction, delivery, performance, use or disposition of any data furnished under the Agreement or based on any libelous or other unlawful matter contained in such data.
5) This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maine as to interpretation and performance.
6) This Agreement may be amended only in writing with the mutual consent of both parties.
7) This Agreement may be terminated with ten days written notice by either party.
8) This Agreement may not be assigned in whole or in part without written consent of the University.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the University and the Consultant/Contractor have executed this Agreement.
BY THE CONSULTANT/CONTRACTOR FOR THE UNIVERSITY
SS#FED ID___________________ Univ. Acct.#________________
ATTACHMENT "A" FOLLOWS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT; In complying with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and in pursuing its own goals of pluralism, the University of Maine System shall not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. Contractor shall abide by these guidelines in the implementation of this contract. Failure to do so could result in the termination of the contract.
Return to Office of Research and Sponsored Programs home page
Copyright © This page is an official publication of the University of Maine